For many years the Residents Association produced quarterly magazines which before websites and social media where about the only way to inform people what was happening in and around the village. Here are a few from the archives in Adobe PDF format.
I am the beginning of everything and the end of everywhere.
I am the beginning of eternity and the end of time and space.
What am I ?
- Think about using light timers if returning home after dark. Most burglaries committed locally are during daytime/early evening hours.
- Please make sure that your presents are not on show for opportunist thieves to see.
- Check that your doors are locked even when you are home.
- Do what you can to make sure your house doesn’t look empty. Why not ask a trusted neighbour to park on your empty drive as well as leaving a light/radio on.
- Ask a trusted neighbour to keep an eye on your home if you are going away for a few days. Removing any post on view, putting wheelie bins in and out for you and drawing curtains in the evening.
- Be careful what you share on social media. Update your friends and family about what you have been up to once you are home.
- Talk to any elderly or vulnerable neighbours and family members about door step crime.
- See something suspicious report it to the Police on 101. We have had some great arrests in recent weeks. Calls in from the public have resulted in arrests being made for robbery, burglary and vehicle crime.
- When you are out take extra care with your personal belongings. Crowded places attract thieves. Keep your mobile devices out of sight and purses and wallets safe.
Bloor Homes have agreed to the additional directional signs requested by Parish Council. The Coppice Walk access will be open from 9.15am on Tuesday 12th December 2017.